Bandsintown

Thursday, February 11, 2010

STUDIO: Day 4

Yo what's up everybody - this is K-dogg checking in. I arrived at the studio last night - awesome vibe here, excellent company. Hope you’re all ready for the weekend? We surely are, and beers and red wine WILL flow, and hopefully I'll get started on some vocals too, cuz I can't wait. You're in for a fucking thrill! This one is for my brothers - and for those three wonderful family members of mine who passed away last year. It was a hard year for all of us. xxx.

We’re still hard at work (Oh, big surprise!) putting together our new SHINY masterpiece. As I wrote earlier this week, we’ve been working on the songs for quite some time now, and it is great to see and hear how things evolve and come together these days.

Morten is still tracking drums by the hour - and it's the hard and fast ones he's working on right now, and there's a lot of technical stuff happening, so he's def. working for the money! Well, he's doing trademark and killer beats already - great stuff in deed!

Both Lars and Jesper T are tracking guitar stuff right beside me, which means that we're working simultaneously in three studios at the same time - o' what a slendid technological world we're living in!

I'm still working on some lyrics and vocal arrangements with Jeppe, and there's some really really cool things happening in those songs I tell ya. The synth ideas are awesome and epic as well, really taking things to the next level.

I’ve been listening to a lot of different music during the whole writing process, music that’s not even metal related, and that has been really inspiring actually. Stuff like Interpol, Kraftwerk, Muse, When Saints Go Machine, Turboweekend, Spleen United, Veto, White Lies, and Ginger Ninja have been spinning frequently on my IPod. It’s always good with a different approach now and then.

Lesson of the day is about ladies: "You can't live with them, and you can't live with them". Peace out.

No comments: